Option #2: The Community Action Plan: Written Report and Handout
Your Portfolio Project for this class is a Community Action Plan designed to alleviate or correct a public health issue in your community. Your community can be your business, school, neighborhood, town or city of residence or birth, or county.
For Option #2, your Community Action Plan will be a professional portfolio that includes a written report and a handout.
Below are some useful sites where you can find examples of the elements of an action plan.
http://www.myhio.org/sites/default/files/HIO%20Com…â€‚(Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
http://www.cityofchicago.org/dam/city/depts/cdph/t…â€‚(Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
http://assets.thehcn.net/content/sites/arizona/MC_…â€‚(Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
Final Paper Instructions:
- The final case study should include four sections (Symptoms, Diagnosis, Cure, and Prevention). Each section should be about 1 page in length. Your entire paper must be 4-5 pages in length, not counting the title or reference pages, which must be included. Your paper must follow the APA guidelines.
- You must cite and integrate at least 2 credible sources in each of the four sections of the paper. You may use readings other than the textbook to meet this requirement. The paper should be based on references to scholarly materials (rather than on introductory textbooks, popular website writings, or musings, for example) and should support your claims with evidence.
- Incorporate into this final plan any classmatesâ€™ critiques that you found useful as well as your instructorâ€™s feedback.
- List the key community members or partners that you plan on contacting, with an explanation why these individuals or organizations make sense as potential partners. This could include your list of potential partners created in MOD 4 Critical Thinking Assignment Option #1.
- Include a special emphasis on either the demographics of the affected population or the economic implications, depending on what Critical Thinking assignment you completed for MOD 5.
- Include a realistic timeline for your plan. Discuss the time needed for campaigning, education, funding, building, and implementation. Use ideas created during MOD 6 Critical Thinking Assignments, either the option for annotated bibliography or that for the brainstorming draft feedback.
Final Instructions for the Handout:
- The handout that you will distribute to audience members describes the problem in your community and your action plan.
- You may design this as an outline of your presentation or as a brochure to accompany your presentation with highlighted key points.
- The purpose of this handout is both to educate the audience about the issue and to help them follow along with you as you speak. Keep in mind that in real life you will have limited time to convince people of the gravity of the situation and to come on board with their support, so you want to be persuasive and get to the key points quickly and effectively.
- Your handout must be supported by at least two scholarly articles.
- You may use the readings other than the textbook for this course. Format your handout according to the APA Guidelines.
The paper must be well written and formatted in conformity with the APA Guidelines.
DEAR WRITER, I HAVE UPLOADED ALL PRELIMINARY ASSIGNENTS RELATED TO THIS ONE. MY rough draft of this ASSIGNMENT IS NAMED MOD 7 PORTFOLIO MILESTONE. AFTER MY PROFESSOR REVIEWED MY ROUGH DRAFT THESE WERE HIS COMMENTS…….
This is a good start, but you are missing some requirements for this assignment. See my comments below. Also, the sections are a bit short. More details in the sections would be appreciated.
This is a good start, but you are missing several things that are required for in the final project, such as a discussion of your referral partners, and a detailed timeline for your plan of action. Please review the syllabus to ensure that you have all of the required information for the project.
PLEASE MAKE THESE CHANGES IN THAT WERE SUGGESTED THANK YOU. ALSO PLEASE OPEN MOD 7 AND USE IT TO ADD FRO THERE AND MAKE CHANGED TO IT.