The discussion requires a minimum of 250 words. Two scholarly sources, including the textbook. Make sure that you use APA style with your references.
1. The birth of Jesus Christ is considered an event of which many people have heard and read. For your discussion, compare and contrast the birth accounts in Matthew 1:18-25 and Luke 2:1-20.
1,250 word count and there is a total of 7 questions each (not including in-text citation and references as the word count), a minimum of three scholarly sources are required in APA format. For the three scholarly sources, one from the textbook thatâ€™s posted below and the other two from an outside source (library articles-EBSCO). Letâ€™s be sure to write it in own work 100% and give appropriately when using someoneâ€™s else work.
1. Define and describe the major literary forms (genres) contained in the New Testament.
2 Which part of the New Testament was written first? Who was the author and when did he write?
3. What evidence do we have of diversity in the early Christian community? What portrait of Jesus was painted in the â€œfifth gospelâ€ of Thomas?
4. Discuss Jewish relations with Rome. What led to the Jewish Revolt of 66-73 CE, and what were its consequences for the Jewish people?
5. Why are Matthew, Mark, and Luke called the Synoptic Gospels? Define Synoptic and explain its application to the first three Gospels.
6. According to the Synoptic accounts, what were Jesusâ€™ characteristic modes of teaching? Define the term parables and aphorism, and give examples of each.
7. Describe some of the scholarly methods used to study the Gospels. Define these scholarly terms, and explain how each functions in analyzing a document: historical criticism, literary criticism, and narrative criticism.