issues in management – professionalessaybuddy.com
Healthcare managers must deal with three components of healthcare delivery: access to care, quality of care and the cost of care. With the move to a value based care model from fee for service, there is a stronger connection between quality of care and payment. Organizations that accredit healthcare facilities such as The Joint Commission focus on quality standards. These organizations may also hold what is called “deemed status”. This means that the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) will accept accreditation of a healthcare facility by an accrediting organization such as The Joint Commission as meeting the Conditions of Participation (CoPs). Healthcare organizations that meet the CoPs are eligible for reimbursement for the care of Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries. Thus, the standards for accreditation include those that align with the CoPs. Managers must ensure that their organization meets these standards.
Prepare a PowerPoint Presentation of 12 to 15 slides, not including title page and reference page, with 150-300 words of speaker notes for each slide. Review the CMS Conditions of Participation for St Gertrude Health Centre in North Carolina.
- Identify at least two sections of the CoPs (e.g., patient rights, medical record services).
- Explain how these sections are implemented in your selected health care facility.
- Compare and discuss how these sections might be implemented differently in another type of health care facility.
- Make recommendations for how your healthcare facility could make improvements to ensure meeting the CoPs.
- In addition to the two CoPs that you have chosen, describe the Emergency Preparedness CoP, and how your health care facility will implement this standard.
You can research the CoPs for your chosen health care organization in the Code of Federal Regulations at 24CFR utilizing the links below:
- Hospitals (Part 482): https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?SID=04c37fc7f301bc2495a7048d5fbdf350&mc=true&node=pt42.5.482&rgn=div5
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers (ASC) (Part 416): https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?SID=04c37fc7…
- Hospice (Part 418): https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?rgn=div5;node=42%3A220.127.116.11.5
- Home Health Agencies (Part 484): https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?SID=04c37fc7…
- Other Specialized Providers (Part 485): https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?SID=04c37fc7f301bc2495a7048d5fbdf350&mc=true&node=pt42.5.485&rgn=div5
Note: Use APA style to cite at least 2 scholarly sources.