Topic 1: How Antennas Work
The purpose of an antenna in a radio transmitter is to launch the radio waves into space. In a receiver, the idea is to pick up as much of the transmitter’s power as possible and supply it to the tuner. The size of a radio antenna is directly related to the frequency of the signal that the antenna is trying to transmit or receive. List the different types of antennas and their applications. Find images that help describe the different antennas.
Learning objectives covered:
- List the different antenna types, shapes and sizes, and their applications
- List the different types of antennas and their applications.
- Find images to help describe the different antennas.
- The initial post should be a minimum of 250 words.
- Attempt to post initial response by Wednesday.
- Attempt to post three days during the week (for example: Wednesday, Friday and Saturday).
- Each of the two minimum required peer posts should be around 100 – 150 words (minimum). No one-liners please!!
- Use of significant detail (utilizing textbook, web, etc. for sources) and appropriate grammar.
- Also, remember to include (if applicable) supporting references in APA format and citations from those references within the body of your discussions, properly formatted using APA style.