Select any four of the ten questions of your choice and ensure that you answer all parts of the question. Each answer should be at a minimum two to three pages in length and doubled spaced. Once completed upload into canvas.
- Discuss the political, economic, and social characteristics of the 1920s. Cite at least one example for each characteristic. What was significant about the Scopes Trial?
- What were the causes of the Great Depression and how did it affect the world economy? Evaluate Hooverâ€™s policies to curb the Great Depression and discuss the events that led to the Bonus Army March on Washington.
- Explain FDRâ€™s New Deal Program, which include relief, recovery and reform. Cite three New Deal laws passed in the 1930s still in effect today?
- Discuss the causes and consequences of the Cold War. What were the principles of the Containment policy and give at least three examples of its application after World War II?
- Describe the growth in the postwar American economy. What factors might account for this growth? Explain how television and Rock and Roll influenced American thought and culture in the 50s and 60s?
- Discuss the significance of Brown vs. the Board of Education. Examine at least three major events of the civil rights movement during the 50s and 60s, which caused civil rights legislation to be passed?
- What was the Domino Theory? Trace the development of the United States involvement in Vietnam from 1945-1975. Why was the TET offensive in 1968 a strategic failure for the United States?
- What were the various aspects of President Nixonâ€™s Vietnam policy? How was Nixonâ€™s policy different from those of his predecessors? Discuss the events that led to the Watergate scandal and its consequences on President Nixon and the American society?
- What were some of the important elements of Reaganâ€™s domestic and foreign policies? What caused the demise of the Soviet Union?
- Compare the Persian Gulf War of 1990-91 to Operation Enduring Freedom and the invasion of Iraq 2003.
Extra credit: What do you think are the major challenges of the 21st century for the United States? In your estimation is there a solution to these global issues and how?