For this Module 4 Assessment, you will finalize your Module Assessment for submission in which you critically analyze a research article to determine how the researcher(s) incorporated culture into their research. Specifically, how was the influence of culture incorporated into the overall study and what might you suggest for improvement to the research for positive social change. Your analysis will be included in an 8-page paper not including your title and reference page.
- In Week 3, you selected and submitted a journal article related to cross-cultural research that was published within the last 10 years from one of the following journals for Instructor approval:
- Cross-Cultural Research
- Use the approved article to complete this Module 4 Assessment
- Review the Learning Resources and the media program related to cross-cultural research and the critical analysis of such research and consider how a critical analysis is developed.
Part 1: Introduction
In your Introduction to your critical analysis, include the following:
- Introduce the research you selected (title, authors)
- Describe the study (i.e., purpose of the study)
- Describe the problem addressed in the study as well as the research question
Part 2: Methods and Design
- Describe the overall design of the study you selected
- Describe the type of methodology used (i.e., qualitative, quantitative, or mixed method)
- Describe any ethical considerations within the study you selected. If none mentioned, explain any potential ethical issues the researcher(s) might have needed to consider.
Part 3: Culture within Research
This portion of your assessment is your analysis of how the researchers incorporated culture into their research. Include the following:
- How did the researcher(s) incorporate the nature of culture within their study?
- Are there aspects of the study where researcher(s) could have better incorporated the influence of culture in the sample, methods, analyses or conclusion and how?
- If the researcher(s) were given an opportunity to improve on their research, what would you suggest? Be specific.
- How would your suggestion facilitate positive social change?
Article that was selected:
Wang, C. D. C., & Heppner, P. P. (2015). The growing international perspectives within the Society of Counseling Psychology in the United States. Counselling Psychology Review, 30(2), 5â€“19.