The goal of this assignment is to present a clear research proposal.
Your research proposal should be between 5-6 pages in length not including your preliminary source list and references. You will need to:
1) Identify a cyber incident or an international situation that contains significant cyber issue. Assess and provide some contextual information that helps demonstrate your understanding of the nature of the issue or case.
2) Clearly state your research question.
3) Explain why this issue is important to investigate. What can we learn from this situation? How will the knowledge we gain through your research help our understanding of cognition, information processing errors and/or decision-making errors?
4) Discuss your theoretical framework. Here you will summarize/synthesize some of the theories/models and concepts you’ll use to investigate the intelligence/decision-making failures such as consistency theory, balance theory, bolstering, groupthink and etc.
5) Discuss your research design. Your research design should discuss how you plan to carry out your analysis. Heath and Tynan have a short but insightful article on â€œCrafting a Research Proposal,â€ which can be accessed at: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/business/nexus/Documen…
6) Identify a list of 8 preliminary sources, 6 of which must be from peer-reviewed journals. These should be listed using Turabian References style formatting. Format. Your proposal should include a title page, proposal body, reference page, and a preliminary source list (title, references page, and source list are not included within the page count).
Your paper should have 1-inch border on all four sides, use Times New Roman-12 point font, be double spaced, and not have an extra space in between paragraphs. All references and citations are in Chicago Turabian format.