Choose an organization according to the following criteria:
- Current employer
- Most recent or former employer
- Place of business that you have patronized or have been familiar with over a long period of time.
- Avoid choosing an organization that is so large that historical data would be difficult to apply. Firms in the Russell 2000Â® index may fit well, whereas firms in the Dow 30 Industrial index probably do not.
- The organization can be a start-up that you or a business partner may create in the future. For a start-up, focus on an entrepreneurial idea that is of substantive interest, so this project leaves you with a product you may leverage in the future.
IMPORTANT: You will use the selected organization to develop a Strategic Business Plan throughout this course, and therefore, you must be careful when choosing the company. Changing the organization selected in Week 1 will not be approved beyond Week 1.
Write a 750-word (max.) report in which you address the following:
- Identify the major components of the Strategic Management Process.
- Discuss how these components work together to create value for the organization you selected.
- Evaluate the company’s mission statement, vision statement, motivation strategy, innovation strategy, and people strategy. If the organization does not have any of these, discuss how does that affect the organization and its people?
- Explain the role of ethics and corporate social responsibility in Strategic Planning. How does the organization’s vision and mission align with your own values and vision? If you are currently working for the organization, how does your role influence this and vice versa?
Format your report according to APA guidelines for MBA-level courses.
Include a minimum of three (3) scholarly resources to support your analysis.
Submit your assignment.