Description – Research 2 companies in the same industry (for example McDonalds vs. Wendyâ€™s, or Target vs. Wal-Mart, Home Depot vs. Lowes). Review no less than a dozen (12) tweets from each company and compare and contrast their communication strategies.
Resources – Twitter, company websites (if you do not have a Twitter account, you can still see what they are tweeting on the company’s website)
Assignment Expectations – Length: no more than 6 pages, double spaced (not including cover and references)
You should include screen shots of the various Tweets you are analyzing by either including them in the text or by including an appendix with each shot as a picture (this is why this assignment is much longer than other assignments).
- Summarize this topic
- Answer the questions
- What kind of activity does each company have on Twitter? Does one or the other company Tweet more or less than the other? How many followers does each company have?
- What kind of tone and language does each company use?
- What kind of customer would their Tweets appeal to? Young, middle aged, old, male, female, urban, rural, etc.
- What kind of promotions does each company use?
- How the strategies between these brands similar and different?
- What do the replies and reTweets look like?
- How can you see the future of marketing communication with platforms such as Twitter?
- Cover page and references page, please cite any materials used including the above resources (APA or MLA format is acceptable).